- is sharp, can quickly see what needs to be changed, and has effective ways of helping others see this too, but without getting into a conflict!
- can spot opportunities for introducing change
- does not have a sense of hierarchy; does not discriminate
- has a sense of humour, which gives her/him the ability to live with the difficulties and slow pace of change
- at the same time, s/he can take quick decisions and act fast if needed
- is aware that he may himself by a victim of the old ways of thinking and living; so is constantly examining himself and trying to improve himself
- can help a person see what is wrong without feeling bad or without that person feeling he is being disliked.
- has a sense of strategy – that is, of actions that will slowly, perhaps indirectly, bring about the change desired, in stages
- is honest and has the greatest accountability to herself, on behalf of those she works for
- is aware that there will be some conflicts, and has a plan and ability to deal with this; if necessary, generates conflict, though in a calibrated manner
- is aware that his role is that of enabling others to deliver rather than deliver on their behalf
- knows how long change takes, and does not give up
- Can work as a team member, and also get others to work as a team – for which, helps by:
Recognizing, utilizing and balancing the strengths and weaknesses of the group
Ensuring recognition as a team